We are standing for...
a decrease in youth alcohol and drug use and an increase in positive, healthy peer and family relationships.
WE ARE A COALITION...
Stand Up Laconia is a growing coalition of youth and adults who live, go to school, and/or work in Laconia. We have come together to create positive change, and we need YOUR help!
In order for positive change to happen, we need to work together as a community. Who else needs to be involved? Parents - Youth - Healthcare Providers - Business - Education - Law Enforcement - Faith Community - Local Government
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
• Peer Support Groups for Parents of Children, Teens and Young Adults with Substance Use Issues
- The group is held the 2nd and 4th Thursday every month starting Sept. 11, 2014
• Up with People results from Sept. 1-8 shows & community service
- Check out the amazing results
• Stand Up Laconia T-shirts for sale
- Two different styles - $10 each...
• Stand Up Laconia on local radio
- WLNH - with Pat Kelly
Research shows that parents have MORE influence over their child than friends, music, TV, the Internet and celebrities ...
Think it's OK to use drugs? Or that it's cool to get drunk on the weekends? Maybe that's what some kids say, but it's not true ...
Approximately 70% of those who abuse prescriptions meds get them from family or friends, often by taking them right out of the medicine cabinet ...